2008年12月24日星期三

12/19/2008:

I want to share with you what happened this morning at my house: At 6:15am, my father-in-law waked us with phone call. Usually he alerts us with short ringing and we will call him back. While I was trying to connect, my husband was so nervous and was afraid that something bad might have happened to his mom or his nephew again. In the past months, his father was hit by a car and his shoulder is not completely recovered. His nephew fell from bunk bed and hurt his head and had left some unknown illness. Later his nephew was hit by a stranger on the head and suffers more in the head.

When we found out that nothing serious happened, only that Jin's nephew's English needs to be improved and needs to learn how to study English in a more effective way. Guess what? Jin said: “Thank God for nothing bad had happened”. I was totally surprised to hear "Thank you God" from his mouth! That was not my first response. My first response was "Ok. Now I can go back to sleep for another 10 minutes." (Now I felt ashamed of myself for not being able to thank God in the first time available.) Then I started praying. And Jin knelt down to pray silently with me. When I finished praying, he said: AMEN and he thanked me for praying for his family. Wow! This is the first time that both Jin and I prayed together for someone else. Praise God for his amazing work in Jin's heart.

没有评论: